Hey y’all! It’s DIY Friday (Foodie Edition) and I have a great recipe that I have been consuming a lot of lately, like every night for lunch or dinner! I made this recipe up and I thing you are going to love it! It’s so fresh, healthy, summery, and delicious!
Here’s what to gather:
Organic Romaine lettuce (2 heads)
Off the vine Tomato (1)
Organic Cucumber | half a cuke to a whole cuke
Responsibly grown Red or yellow pepper (1)
Organic Grapes* | 1/2 to 3/4 cup
Mayo | 1/8 cup
BBQ sauce | 1/4 cup
Chicken, hamburger or steak (optional)
In the picture, you’ll see I added Brussels sprouts (sriracha-maple Brussels sprouts to be exact) that was a leftover and it was really good in the salad. If you have yummy leftovers in the fridge, they usually make great additions to any salad.
*if you’re not too keen on grapes, I think this recipe would be so good with strawberries, cherries or mango! Mmm mm good!
Here’s what to do:
1. Take the head of lettuce, slice it to your liking.
2. Dice the tomato & red pepper.
3. Take a knife, and cut the cucumber into quarters. Then slice each quarter.
4. Then slice the grapes in half.
5. Add everything above into a bowl.
6. Then add the BBQ sauce & mayo to the mix. And take some metal tongs and mix mix mix.
7. Add to bowl(s) and Enjoy!
I really hope you like it! Thanks for tuning in to DIY Friday! See y’all on Monday! -Ryn