I thought I’d show you ways to deck your home out for Christmas… Let me preface this by saying, I’m not one to go over and above with Christmas decor. I don’t have trees in every room, I don’t have a gigantic tree in our living room, and we don’t have Christmas lights on the front of our house… I much prefer simple over extreme any day! That’s not to say I’m a total scrooge, I do like my ultra sparkly deer, and I love those sparkly copper pinecones something fierce! And I decorate better with vignettes around the house, different spots in your home being decorated, rather than the WHOLE house looking as if Christmas threw up…
Here, I’ll just show you!
• I can’t get over how cute Annalee’s are! They’re faces get me every time!
• Here, we have a baby pine tree decorated with gold lights, and taupe German ornaments, a very skinny tall faux tree(naked), then I added a red shiny láme plaid piece of fabric for the “tree skirt”. And then I added pretty little deer & fawn around both trees. Its probably one of my most favorite places.
• This is my favorite! Everything goes together perfectly. And the deer makes it. This is set on the corner of a dresser. Though the other side is decorated, it is holding everyday stuff. But this side is so awesome.
•Another vignette. And more Annalee’s. And very simple. Those vases are there all year, but the sparkly branch is not, neither are the sprites…
• The Mantel is wonderful as well. Decorated with glass glitter collected through out the year, and a gorgeous white deer + a copper Merry Christmas banner & a metal metallic wreath. This picture isn’t doing the glass glitter any justice, but please believe me that its pretty spectacular under the lights!
• You can hang wreaths on the walls instead of the doors. Totally acceptable! And the add two framed pictures beside it.
•This area doesn’t scream Christmas, but I don’t mind that it doesn’t. But what it does have are cute sparkly squirrels, copper pinecones and a sigh that reads “Merry Everything”.
• This deer stays on the wall all year, and I knew I wanted to do something festive with him, I just didn’t know what, then I found these gigantic pinecones in the Christmas decode, and something just clicked. What I did was, I got some suede lacing(string) tied it on one stem and then the other, then laid the pinecone necklace around it. And skewed it so they weren’t even. Definitely simple, but lovely just the same.
• This is another favorite. I added Christmas mugs to hold a toothbrush, toothpaste, tongue cleanser… You know the usual. Then that copper container was a happened upon find, as my mom had kept all of her copper pieces, just so that I could rummage through them and pick pieces I love! 😉 and then I added a simple Christmas tree. Pretty.
• Then the other side of the tree, you can see the vintage stockings from my mama’s childhood through the mirror. And then a canvas covered in red & green fabric hung on the wall. Striped creme and red Turkish towels hung on the rungs, and a bubble nightlight plugged in. Fun!
• I have a small shelf above my doorway going into where my shower/toilet is. And I put 3 (sky blue, white, gold) adorable sparkly deer, one totally decked out in a feather boa on top of the shelf.
So, there you have it. You can achieve a simple Christmas decor without feeling the need to pull your hair out in frustration.
May I suggest pinecones, plaid flannel, sparkles, deer, copper, candles, cable knit and naked trees(real & fake) to help you make this year or any year a simple Christmas to remember!
What’s something you love to decorate with?
Have a happy day today!