I attended with my sister, a book signing last week, not knowing who the author was or what she really was about. I was invited by her make-up artist Jackie Mgido. And I loved it. It’s not like I attend all that many book signings to begin with, but I knew I wanted to meet Jackie, so this was just an added bonus to attend. Who knew I would like attending so much? Now I want to attend more book signings!
Lisa Lillian aka Hungry Girl is not a nutritionist. She’s just hungry. And she just launched her book: Hungry Girl, Clean & Hungry. She also has more than 2.5 million email subscribers and social media followers. A self-proclaimed “mad scientist” in the kitchen, Lisa dishes out guilt-free recipes, tips & tricks, supermarket finds, and survival guides for real-world eating situations all in her book and online. She’s also starred on food network and the cooking network, and she’s also appeared on Dr.Oz, Good Morning America & The View.
Also, I’m not sure if all book tours do this or this is the only one, but I received a goody bag, jam packed with healthy snacks! (Which I have nibbled on, thank you very much!) And Jackie (who I will write about in another post), was so sweet and kind that she bought me the hungry girl cookbook! She’s a keeper, That’s for sure! And Lisa, so graciously signed my copy. What a sweet woman! So now, I have a signed copy of her cookbook too.
And a picture with her:
So, that was just one of my highlights of my week… last week. Tell me one of yours?!
Thanks so much for reading! And if you’re not following me on Instagram, you should be: @Styledbyryn !!!
P.s. the fried rice cauliflower in her cookbook looks sooo good! Just saying!
Here are my empties for this quarter… Some great products to replace, here they are!
• Ester C Vitamins ‘500mg’. This is the BEST Vitamin C, hands down! It works so quickly when your feeling less than par.
• ShiKai Color Reflect ‘Warm’ shampoo. Funny story, I’ve been using this shampoo for weeks, and I kept wondering why the natural red in my hair was more intense than it usually is. I discovered that it was because of this shampoo! I fancy this shampoo even more so now! Already bought a replacement.
• Essie ‘Matte about you’ topcoat. I really like this topcoat. I love that it comes off matte. I did buy a replacement, but it is a different brand.
• Marvis ‘cinnamon mint‘ toothpaste. Oh how I love this toothpaste! It makes my teeth soooo clean & white.
• OPI start to finish topcoat. This is pretty much a standard for me. I love that I can use one product, for both base + topcoat.
• Le Pen red pen. Le Pen is pretty much my favorite pen brand EVER! They work so well, so smooth and great colors!
• NYX HD Concealer ‘CW 02’. This is my favorite undereye concealer. It brightens up my face. And it blends really well too.
• Korres Body Butter ‘guava’. This is the best hand lotion! Sooo luscious!
• Acure Moroccan argan oil ‘coconut‘. Best face oil + moisturizer. I love the way my skin feels after I use it. Plus the smell is so yummy!
• Philosophy ‘The Gingerbread girl’ shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath. I really like philosophy bath gel, however this isn’t my favorite scent. Nothing bad about it, just not my fave. Currently, I’m using Philosophy Coconut frosting… Love the smell!
• Not your mother’s clean freak refreshing dry shampoo. I looooooooooove this product. I love the scent, how my hair is voluminous, how clean my hair actually looks!
• Lamas Botanical Soy Balancing conditioner. This was a good conditioner. But nothing to rave about.
So there you have it, some great things to add to your list to try or not try! Enjoy! -Ryn
TEE | SWEATER; SIMILAR | JEANS | SHOES; SIMILAR | BAG | NECKLACES: HERE: SIMILAR & HERE
Can we just say that an upper angle is sooooo slimming! Ugh! Love it! Not to mention, this outfit itself is slimming.
Black skinny jeans, are probably one of the most versatile items you can own in your wardrobe. I usually have 2-3 pair in my closet. Because, I can pair them with anything! And because I can dress them up or I can dress them down.
I’m all about tees. And this tee is a slim fitting tee, which shows off more curves than I usually do. But buy some tees that skim your body, not so tight that, you look like you’re wearing a sausage casing. Not cool! Both Madewell & J.crew have amazing tees…and soft too!
Why this outfit works so well, is because everything flows nicely. It may not have to match perfectly. But it does need to flow well together. For instance, my shoes + cami goes well with my sweater and tee. And my jeans are a neutral and acts as an anchor to my outfit. You csn totally wear color, bit you have to be strategic. You can’t wear every color of the rainbow in one outfit(not talking about dresses, mostly separates) an expect it to look good. You’ll be a walking rainbow. But if you use neutrals to help, then you’re getting somewhere. We’ll get to that in another post!
Do you have any questions or any suggestions on what to post next, leave me a comment or email me: email@example.com, id love to hear what you have to say!
SKIRT; Similar | Shirt | Shoes | Sunnies
I love this outfit. I saw it on Pinterest, and I can’t get it out of my head. I want it in my closet, like yesterday… And I don’t even wear skirts that often! I just love the length, awww tea length. Given my size and frame, I feel as if this would flatter me well.
Also, the vertical stripes in the shirt help lengthen as do the pointed toe pumps. Anything that makes you appear taller is a good things!
You do see some ripples across where her front (hip to hip) and granted the skirt could be a hair bit looser. But only about half an inch. But this fit doesn’t make me cringe as do some where it’s obviously stretching across, pulling at the seams and it was terribly hard to get into. Those skirts are just terrible to look at when others wear them!
I really think this outfit will work on curvy girls, just as well as stick straight girls. It’s just the proportions you need to worry about, that length won’t work on a 5’4″ woman, but 6″-9″ shorter would. Never forget tge power of a pencil skirt!
SWEATSHIRT; Similar | TEE; Similar | JEANS; Similar | BAG | SHOES; Similar |HAT; Similar
Casual uniforms. Weekly, I have a form of this outfit on… Sometimes bi-weekly.
It’s important to have “running errands” outfit. That’s not gym clothes or *shudder* pajamas *shudder*. You just need a comfy-cute outfit to schlump around in, go to brunch in, or the farmer’s market. Whether it is a tee, jeans + sweatshirt or a blouse + jeans. That’s what you get to decide. But just pick an outfit that, you can pull out of your closet, knowing you’ll feel CONFIDENT in.
I’m a sweatshirt girl ALL the way. I love a cozy sweatshirt. And I love this one pictured. It’s ripped and soft and made of french terry, perfect for spring weather. And I can pair it with anything. Anything! From a skirt to flares. Sweatshirts are amazing!
I just love getting my hair cut.
I’m serious, I do! I love taking the time out of my day, sitting there talking with my friend/hairstylist, getting my hair washed and my head massaged. I love the way my hair feels, smells & looks after getting cut. Even the blow drying is wonderful, and that’s my least favorite part.
But can I make a confession, I’m pretty sure I didn’t get my hair done all year of 2015. That’s bad, reeeeeal bad. It’s not that I didn’t have time or really that her prices were too expensive. I just didn’t put the value into my hair. I love my hair. I love this stage in my life with my hair. It’s long, it’s wavy, it compliments me well. You should at the very least go once a year, if not 3 times a year! My hair was so raggedy and the least sleek I’ve ever seen it. And it was thick in places, that should have been thinned out if I had gone regularly. Oh and don’t even get me started on how I would have small rats nests… Can we say annoying!
Y’all, please don’t be like me and not go for a whole year, be good to your hair and make an appointment. Your hair will thank you, not to mention your hairstylist!
Right now my hair feels incredible. It needs to be washed, but it still feels incredible. And healthy! Healthy is good!
Just a word to the wise! -Ryn
P.s. Erica you’re the BEST! I can’t thank you enough!!!
• LiveFashionAble ‘Tadesse’ Bucket Bag. This bag as been a catch all bag for me this month. It seems small, but once you start packing, it just holds so much! Plus, I really like the black color!
• Madewell Hoop earrings (similar).
I’ve had these for 4+ years and I just recently started wearing them again! I wuv them!!! I’ve always love the way hoop earrings look. They’re such a classic!
• Essie ‘Master Plan‘ nail polish.
I adore this nail polish. I wear it when I want a neutral color on and this does the trick! Wore it for a photoshoot this month, and it was wonderful.
• L’oreal ‘butterfly kisses‘ nail polish. This is the best spring time nail color. I wore it for Easter, and I couldn’t have been happier! I currently have it on my tootsies : )
• Revlon Ultra HD matte lip color ‘flirtation‘. I feel as if I’ve talked so much about this lip color, but i can’t help it. I reallu enjoy wearing it!
• Marc Jacobs Fineliner ultra skinny gel eye crayon. This stuff is uhhh-mazing!!! I think it’s for your tightline, but I’m not totally sure. I just know it’s incredible and the staying power is worth mentioning.
• Herban Cowboy ‘Dusk‘ Cologne. I love a good mainly scented cologne that i can pair with florally scents, that normally wear by itself. I constantly get asked what perfume I have on!
• Nest ‘Indigo‘ perfume. And this just so happens to be the florally scent. But paired together with DUSK, it’s amazing!
• Organic Strawberries
• Chia seeds
• Late July Sriracha Fresca Tortilla chips. These chips are amazing! I feel as if I’m eating doritos, just minus the GMOs and gluten. I wish I could buy a boat load of them!
• Allegro blended espresso. I only tried it once, but I’m fairly sure, I will be ordering again. It’s from Wholefoods at the coffee bar, you can choose whatever milk you want(I chose half & half), and I added mocha syrup in it aswell.
• Sonic Ice Tea. I live in the south, ice tea is a must! And with sonic ice, it just makes tea better!
• ‘Medicine‘ – A dance film. Ugh, the choreography is amazing in this video. You need to watch. It’s so beautiful, if only I could dance like this! 😍😍😍
• The TV show Ed. This show is not to be confused with Mister Ed. This has Elizabeth Banks and Tom Cavenaugh as the main characters. A lot like the Gilmore girls humor.
• Gilmore Girls reruns. I love Gilmore girls! I’ve been watching from start to finish on the UP channel. And i am thoroughly enjoying it.
Tell me, what were some of your favorites from March?!