Please, please, please say you’ll come email or wordpress subscribe to my new website! Pretty please? You lovely thing you! Thank you – Ryn
Hey Ya’ll Hey! Guess what?! I have a new website, I would love for y’all to check out! You need to check out and follow my blog. It’s www.styledbyryn.com As I will be frequently posting new posts there. and I have some new series I would love for you to be a part of!!! Come on by and leave a comment or two! Thanks & love y’all! – Ryn
As promised, here are a few ways to hang your clothes up the right & wrong way….
Because sometimes going the extra mile with taking care of your clothes, will benefit you in the long run….
RIGHT WAY: you want your pants to lay as flat as possible against the hanger, this simple step causes less wrinkles which causes less ironing. Woohoo!
WRONG WAY: Hanging up your pants this way, will in fact cause wrinkles. Plus, it will take up much needed closet space…
RIGHT WAY: Folding your sweaters this way, where you fold your sweater in half lengthwise and then with fold it over the hanger. This will decrease the amount of wrinkles and also it help with the shoulders in the sweater not stretch out.
WRONG WAY: shoulders have been compromised… They do stretch when you just hang them like you do a shirt. (But the great thing is, they usually bounce back when washed.) So make sure to fold your sweaters instead.
RIGHT WAY: I usually button the first button to make sure the collar is standing up. Probably should button the whole placket, but I don’t.
RIGHT WAY: These hangers are perfect for hanging up your skirts and culottes. It decreases wrinkles, just by hanging it up by the waist band. Plus, it’s great on not taking up too much space.
RIGHT WAY: These velvet hangers are perfect for boatneck, v-neck, u-neck and t-shirts in general. Keeps them nicely in place.
So there you have it, a few tips and how to’s to get you closet in tip top shape!
Thanks for reading! -Ryn
P.s. you should totally follow @styledbyryn on Instagram!!!
Let’s talk about hangers, shall we?!
I bet most of you use the wire hangers you get free from the dry cleaners right? I pretty much despise that style of hanger as it misshapens my knits, they get bent out of shape easily, and if you step on the hook, it’s worse than stepping on a lego. Ouch. But there are so many hangers out there to purchase and use, you may be like, “Um, how should I even choose?” “How do I know what’s a good hanger to use?!”, Let tell you I’ve used them all, and I can totally tell you which ones are worth it and those that just need to be thrown out with the garbage…
Let’s go through the plethora of hangers… At least the ones that are pictured. (Left to Right)
• Velvet Huggable Hangers: These are actually my favorite. As they are velvety, almost every material stays put when hung, they are thin, so you can pile in a lot of hangers in a tight space. Drawback would be, that they break easily… If stepped on or loaded down with clothing.
• Wire Hangers. As I said before, this are crappy hangers. They’re not very reliable in terms of keeping your closet organized and neat. Nor are they great for using for hanging sweaters or even t-shirts. But they are extremely cheap.
• Padded Hangers. These are great for display and lingerie. For much else, not really. They’re impractical for my closet as it would take up too much precious space. Plus, clothes just slip off easily. Not cool!
• Plastic Hangers With Foam Sleeve. These are OK. They are still pretty thick for your closet, but they’re great for hanging up dresses and strappy items such as; camisoles, tanks, spegetti straps, etc. once you take off the foam sleeve. And they are durable, so that’s fantastic.
• Plastic Hangers. These are great for hanging up pants. They’re super great for being neat/organized in your closet, and they bring extra fun color. Plus, these are pretty cheap, so that’s a bonus. And pretty durable.
• Metal Utility Hangers. These are great and super duper durable! But again, not very practical, as clothing with slip off easily. But for looks, this get an A+ from me. I love how utilitarian it looks. I will use these for display any day! But, I will say these are a bit pricey…
• Rubber Coated Hangers. These are okay. They do hold tops and blouses quite well, they do slip off occasionally. But, for taking up space, these are thin enough. And the durability is pretty great too!
I’m thinking tomorrow I’ll show you how to hang up your clothes. As it will benefit your clothes just as much as it will benefit you!
Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!
• Gap ripped sweatshirt. Yeah, I wore this a ton in April! I just love the ripped neckline. Can’t get enough of it! And it’s so comfy/cozy! My kind of sweatshirt!
• Benefit cosmetics Roller Lash. Guys, I never thought I’d like this mascara. I tried it once, and said I didn’t like it. (I know my friend Kristen from Hunnybee beauty is shaking her head right now, I’m sure! As she loves this mascara…) However, I love this mascara. To me it’s an everyday mascara. And it’s super wearable! Without fall out and it’s super lengthening!
• Bite Beauty lipstick in Gingersnap. This lipstick. Ugh. It’s beautiful on my lips. I’m more of a coral/orange lip girl anyway, and I just love this shade. It’s so Gorgeous!
• Paper 53 Stylus and app. This app is amazing. My sister actually got me the stylus a year & a half ago for Christmas. I never really got into the app, therefore I never used the stylus, but y’all, this combo is amazing! I’ve used it this past month for clothing ideas and jewelry designs. It’s awesome! I so hope that they make it Android compatible soon!
• Perfect Formula pink gel coat. This nail coat is a nail strengthening polish annnnd I LOVE it! I can already tell a difference. My nails are growing and they aren’t in a fragile state. Totally worth the money!
• Sexapeel. This. Stuff. Is. Amazeballs. It makes my skin sooooo incredibly SOFT! It’s an exfoliator that you just squirt into your hands and rub on your face, and it sloughs off ALL the dead skin within seconds! You need to try it!
• Biofreeze. This is life changing! I use it whenever my shoulders are hurting and it gives an amazing cooling/numbing sensation, that just makes your ache less achy and its great in the summer, as it cools you down!
• Instant Pot. And this is life changing to cooking. I can make dinner in 30 min time. That’s including prep + cooking time!!! Pressure cooking is wonderful! Everybody needs one in their life!
• Saving Hope. This is a TV show on ion TV. And I really enjoy watching it. It has Smallville’s Lois Lane actress as a lead role, and I really like her in this show. It’s worth watching!
• Steven Furtick. And last but certainly not least, Pastor Steven Furtick. He’s an awesome preacher. He has revolutionized my walk with God. I watch his past sermons on YouTube any chance I get, especially when doing my make-up! Love He & Holly! (his wife)
I hope you get to try a few of these products and people! Because, I wouldn’t be sharing them if I didn’t love them! Enjoy!
Everybody should own a white button down shirt. Whether man or woman. Whether slouchy or tailored. I prefer a slouchy version more so, than a tailored blouse. As I can half tuck it in and it look relaxed. But a tailored version will give you a nipped in, waist defining look.
And as you can see, this Particular shirt is plaid jacquard. Which means, the pattern is woven into the fabric. Instead of stitched on or painted on. If you can find white shirts that have a lil somethin’ somethin’ extra to them, you’re winning. Because texture gives your outfit a step up to be great!
Do you own a white button down?
TEE | SWEATER; SIMILAR | JEANS | SHOES; SIMILAR | BAG | NECKLACES: HERE: SIMILAR & HERE
Can we just say that an upper angle is sooooo slimming! Ugh! Love it! Not to mention, this outfit itself is slimming.
Black skinny jeans, are probably one of the most versatile items you can own in your wardrobe. I usually have 2-3 pair in my closet. Because, I can pair them with anything! And because I can dress them up or I can dress them down.
I’m all about tees. And this tee is a slim fitting tee, which shows off more curves than I usually do. But buy some tees that skim your body, not so tight that, you look like you’re wearing a sausage casing. Not cool! Both Madewell & J.crew have amazing tees…and soft too!
Why this outfit works so well, is because everything flows nicely. It may not have to match perfectly. But it does need to flow well together. For instance, my shoes + cami goes well with my sweater and tee. And my jeans are a neutral and acts as an anchor to my outfit. You csn totally wear color, bit you have to be strategic. You can’t wear every color of the rainbow in one outfit(not talking about dresses, mostly separates) an expect it to look good. You’ll be a walking rainbow. But if you use neutrals to help, then you’re getting somewhere. We’ll get to that in another post!
Do you have any questions or any suggestions on what to post next, leave me a comment or email me: email@example.com, id love to hear what you have to say!